In celebration of Pride month, I baked up a batch of rainbow cookies! This recipe was easy given it used a sugar cookie mix so you can spend more time on the actual assembly and dough coloring. Enjoy! And Happy Pride!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 4 food colors
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir cookie mix, butter, flour and egg in medium bowl until dough forms.
- Divide dough evenly among 4 bowls.
- Tint each dough by stirring in food color.
- Shape 1/3 cup of each color of dough into a rope
- Place ropes side by side and a little more than 1/4 inch apart on floured surface.
- Roll until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with cookie cutter of choice so each cookie has 4 colors.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes before serving.