I recently started reading Genius Foods by Max Lugavere and I’m obsessed! I love how he juxtaposes each chapter loaded with nutritional science and history with a “genius food.” A reader can simultaneously learn biologically how certain foods enhance our brain power and then incorporate those elements into their daily rituals. I’m attempting to make recipes that incorporate some of Lugavere’s Genius Foods beginning with Genius Food #1: Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Check out my video for more information on how this food will make you a genius.
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (#GeniusFood)
- 1 1/2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 packets of Stevia
- Salt, to taste
- 1 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium english cucumber, optionally peeled and sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata or black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
1. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to blend.
2. Season with salt to taste.
3. Chop romaine lettuce and add to base of a large bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and olives on top.
4. Drizzle dressing over top and gently toss to evenly coat. Add dressing within a few minutes of serving for best results.