I made these cookies for a college dorm reunion last weekend and they were a hit! Apparently one of my former residents (now a 2L at Boalt Law) brought the extras to a friend who started following Genius Baking just because it tasted so good!
They only take 5 ingredients so are a great choice if you want to make something that’s a crowd pleaser and won’t break the bank.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Set the oven to 350F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Whisk the egg, brown sugar and baking soda together in a bowl. Make sure to break up any lumps in the sugar so that the mixture is smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and mix until well combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop onto the baking sheet with a 1 1/2 inch baking scoop (or use a tablespoon), and space the cookies 2 inches apart.
6. Flatten the cookies slightly, and bake for about 10 minutes until puffed and just beginning to turn golden around the edge.
7. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to plate.