For YouTober Day 22, I decided to make something “not so healthy” but CRAZY DELICIOUS: PECAN PIE BROWNIES! These brownies are a mix of PECAN PIE and…chocolate! The brownie is on the bottom and covered in delicious pecan pie filling. The best part is that the center of the brownie stays lightly cooked when you pour on the pecans, for the PERFECT ooey-gooey texture.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 1/2 c. whole or chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare brownies according to recipe on box. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the pecan filling. In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, butter and salt until smooth. Fold in pecans, stirring until they are fully coated in the mixture.
3. When brownies have cooked for 25 minutes, remove from oven and top with pecan topping,spreading evenly across the surface of the brownies. Return to the oven and bake 25-30 more minutes, until the pecan mixture is set. Let cool completely, slice and serve.