Are you celebrating Diwali this year? Try out this recipe for SUPER EASY Cashew Cardamom Cookies! These turned out delicious and are eggless.
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) raw crushed cashews
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus plenty more for dusting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Pulse the cashews in a food processor along with 1 to 2 tablespoons flour until the pieces are uniformly fine and the size of graham cracker crumbs destined for a pie crust.
2. Using either a stand mixer or a wooden spoon and your biceps, combine the butter and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl to form a stiff mixture. Add the remaining flour, cashews, vanilla, cardamom, and salt, and mix well to form a dough.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Shape small balls of dough, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them on the baking sheet, spacing them a couple inches apart. Smash the balls with the bottom of a small glass lightly dipped in flour to prevent sticking.
5. Bake the cookies for 18 to 20 minutes or so. They’re done when the edges are a pale golden color and the bottoms, if you peek, are uniformly pale golden brown. Dust the cookies generously with confectioners’ sugar.