December means two things: BAKING SEASON and FINALS SEASON!
This recipe is dorm-friendly and uses only a microwave, mini fridge and 5-ingredients. I loved baking in college to have an easier activity than reading textbooks. It was therapeutic and a great way to connect with friends during studying time.
Given it’s CRUNCH time, I’ve put together a CRUNCHY recipe that allows has an added step for stress relief!
Enjoy this 5-ingredient recipe for CRUNCH TIME PEPPERMINT BARK!
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons oil divided
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 peppermint candies,
- Lightly grease a 9×9 inch pan Line it with waxed paper; set aside.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate and 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in a medium glass bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the peppermint extract.
- Pour the melted chocolate on the prepared pan. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until completely hardened, about 1 hour.
- Place the white chocolate and remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the same medium glass bowl. Microwave exactly the same way you did the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour the white chocolate directly over the semisweet chocolate layer; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy over the top and gently press in.
- Refrigerate until completely hardened. Remove from pan and break into small pieces.
Adapted from this recipe: https://mykitchencraze.com/easy-peppermint-bark/