Cauliflower as a starch-ingredient substitute seems to be the rage in 2018. I’ve tried cauliflower mash potatoes, once took a sip of a cauliflower smoothie, and would call myself a fan of cauliflower rice. I have yet, however, to try Cauliflower Pizza Crust – the latest Cauliflower wheat substitute I’ve seen blogged about online and on various Weight Watchers or calorie-counting Instagram account.
Trader Joe’s put together an easy-to-use Cauliflower Pizza
Crust. This pre-made crust is made with cauliflower, corn flour and no gluten for a crust that’s slightly lower in calories, but chock full of caulories. Kidding! It was, however, surprisingly YUM!
Ingredients: 1 box Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Pizza crust, 1/4 cup of Ragu or similar bran pizza sauce, 9 slices of turkey pepperoni, 1/4-1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (or your favorite grated cheese brand), 1 Roma tomato (sliced)
- Prepare the cauliflower pizza according to the recipe on the box. For this one, lay it on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees F.
- Flip the crust and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Take out the pizza and use a spoon to spread on the sauce
- Cover in cheese and other toppings of your choice!
- Set the oven from bake to BROIL.
- BROIL for 4-5 minutes or until the toppings are well melted.
- Take out of oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving!