I made these Oreo Cookie Peanut Butter Brownies one night in my college dorm and they were an absolute hit. Combining brownies, Oreo cookies, and peanut butter won the hearts over of almost EVERY member of the group (chocolate fans, peanut butter addicts, even Vegans)! (Okay, I’m kidding about that last one but Oreos are animal-based-product free!) All-in-all this recipe was not only a crowd-pleaser but a good in-between for times you want to bake, are feeling too lazy to do so from scratch, and are also itching for something more complicated than throwing together a mix.
Today was one of this “in-between” times. It was fitting to bite into the finished brownie to discover it was loaded with Oreos and peanut butter in-between too.
Ingredients: 1 box brownie mix of your choice (I used a Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt variety), the Brownie mix’s required ingredients (this one required Greek yogurt), 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, muffin liners and 1 package regular Oreo Cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. Prepare brownie mix according to instructions on the package.
3. Using a butter knife, swipe 1/2-1 teaspoon of peanut butter across the top of each Oreo and place a second Oreo on top to make Oreo sandwiches. Add a final second layer of peanut butter to each stack.
4. Drop an Oreo “sandwich” into each muffin tin.
5. Spoon a large spoonful (about two tablespoons) of brownie batter into on top of the oreo stacks, filling the muffin liners.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until brownies are cooked through.